Under general direction, responsible for activities related to system administration. Assigns personnel to various projects, directs their activities, and evaluates their work. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software. Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
The Microsoft/Systems Lead Analyst is responsible to the Lead for providing expertise on Microsoft-based servers, workstations, and application systems. This person must be able to assess, provide recommendations for mitigation and remediation, align security policies within the environment with government directives, identify and implement security controls and gather findings for artifacts for the DoD RMF process for several tenant programs under the cognizance of our customer. The applicant also must be knowledgeable about DoD DIACAP or RMF processes for gathering artifacts.
• Process – Generates comprehensible documentation for reference by other analysts and team members, etc. that complies with government standards.
• Testing – Generates test plans and test cases for RMF and system testing
• External – Assists in generating ATOs for deployable systems
• Performs RMF testing of system components as necessary.
• Accomplishes validation testing on systems when assigned.
Analysis and Mitigation
• Provide risk assessment of identified vulnerabilities and provide impact statements
• Assess identified vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for mitigation and remediation
• Complete tasks in a timely fashion.
• Adhere to all defined guidelines and procedures in performance of duties.
• Present clear, comprehensive recommendations for decision-making.
• Organize, plan, and execute tasks and projects.
• Innovate and apply skills and knowledge in problem solving situations.
• Work individually or with a group to successfully achieve objectives and goals.
• Adapt to assignment changes on short notice.
• Provide instruction to others and participate meaningfully in discussions/meetings.
• Clearly and concisely write RMF artifacts, documents, and reports.
Education: Bachelor's degree and two (2) years related experience, or four (4) years applicable experience, which should include two (2) years specialized experience.
Certifications: MCSA or equivalent, or formalized training; CompTIA Security+ or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT 2
Hands On Experience with VMWare
Hands On Experience with MS SQL, MS Internet Information Services (IIS)
Hands On Experience in validating DISA STIGS and IAVAs
Security clearance: Secret
Travel - up to 10%