The Cyber Battle Lab is an experimentation, assessment, and IT services provider facility leveraging innovative Signal, Cyber, and EW concepts and technologies to support the warfighter and inform the requirements and acquisitions communities. Working at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6/7 (prototyping in a relevant/operational environment) and higher.
This position is a subject matter expert in Army Tactical Networks. Uses modeling and simulation applications to develop innovative solutions in solving complex problems in support of experimentation. Daily activities include design, development, and operation of data-driven solutions for the purpose of simulating networks, electronic warfare, and cyberspace concepts and capabilities. Candidates must be able to work on a small team where each member is responsible for the scenario design, development, testing, and validation of their assigned area of responsibility within the team.
· Direct team participation in selected Army Futures Command, Futures and Concepts Center, Army-level, and Joint/Allied-level exercises, experiments and demonstrations.
· Design, development, and operation of scenarios using data-driven solutions for the purpose of simulating networks, electronic warfare, and cyberspace concepts.
· Utilize simulations to create synthetic environments for the experimentation of extant and emerging Network, Cyberspace and Electronic Warfare concepts.
· Perform technical development and consultant activities, coordinating between software engineers and military personnel to develop and deliver highly complex military scenario simulations.
· Research unclassified and classified databases for use in written products and simulation scenario development.
· Perform customer requirements analysis, functional design, and product design synthesis interfacing regularly with engineering disciplines and customers to deliver high quality products
· Must be able to work in a small team where each member is responsible for the design, development, testing, and validation of their assigned components.
· Ability to develop scenario, manipulate, test, maintain and provide configuration management of simulation pre-processing and post-processing tools, in accordance with organizationally accepted best practices, including but not limited to databases, database interfaces, and specialized software required to conduct sensitivity analysis.
· Conduct reviews, evaluations or meetings pertaining to design, specification and configuration management of Cyber Battle Lab models.
· Must be able to effectively communicate the modeling and simulation approach taken to team of engineers and explain results.
· Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience or equivalent developing model ready data to support modeling and simulation of tactical and communications networks, cyber and electronic warfare requirements.
· Must have 5 to 8 years’ experience and understanding of Army force structure and force modernization efforts.
· Must have 5 to 8 years hands-on experience with tactical Army communications networks
· Must have 5 to 8 years hands-on experience with tactical Army Battle Command Systems and their data transmission requirements.
· Possess advanced writing and presentation speaking skills.
· Be computer literate with emphasis on proficiency with MS Office products (i.e.; MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
· Possess a Secret security clearance.
In tactical Networks some familiarity with the following is desired:
- Joint Network Emulator (JNE)
- System Planning Engineering and Evaluation Device (SPEED)
- One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
- System Training Kit (STK)
o Warfighter Information Network – Tactical (WIN-T)
o DoD Information Network – Army (DODIN-A)
o Regional Hub Nodes
o Waveform technology
o Upper Tactical Internet – (UTI)
o Lower Tactical Internet – (LTI)
o Mission Command Systems
o Common Operating Environment (COE) and the Computing Environments (CE)